Monday, July 1, 2013

Monday Musings: The Best Books of 2013

It's been some time now since I've done a Monday Musings post.  School is out for the summer, our household has no particular set schedule,  my Mom recently underwent hip replacement surgery, and well, you get the picture...finding substantial "me" time has diminished.  But, I think life is beginning to return to some sense of normalcy here once again.  Since 2013 is now half over, I thought this would be an excellent opportunity to look back on some of the books I've read thus far and share a list of my top five. This was rather difficult to determine; I've been fortunate enough to have several really outstanding books cross my path this year already and choosing just five was certainly a challenge.  But here are my top five and in case you missed my reviews, simply click on the titles:

  1. The Flight Of The Earls By Michael K. Reynolds
  2. A Tale For The Time Being By Ruth Ozeki
  3. Mom & Me & Mom By Maya Angelou
  4. The Cooked Seed By Anchee Min
  5. The First Rule Of Swimming By Courtney Angela Brkic
These were all exceptional reads and I'm still chatting about them with family and friends.  I would love to hear what books are on your "favorites list" so far.  What books have you read that have remained with you long after the last page?

No comments :

Post a Comment